Hello fellow band parents!!
First Things First: Thank you for your support as we were able to dig ourselves out of the financial hole we were in and get back on our feet to pay the staff. THANK YOU for your help with that!
Coming Up: Home competition show on Saturday October 20th - this is a big event and we all must pitch in, step up, and help OUR children out once again! I am aware that this may be demanding for the new parents as it may seem like we're always asking for help, but this is a family affair and you know we do it for the kids.
Needless to say, the kids practice hard all the time, but that isn't enough to keep it going. The band is composed by us, the parents, and we are the engine behind the machine. This is what we do: we pay staff salaries, we are chaperones and truck drivers for instruments among so many other things. Trust me - without the parents the band wouldn't do half of what they do.
This past weekend 2 other parents and I were the only ones present to cheer the band on as they won first place. Please remember that your presence matters as it encourages the kids to continue to perform in excellence.
Therefore, I am counting on your support to make the home competition another success on 10/20. Please sign up via SignUp Genius (link below) no later than our next meeting, October 9th. I will personally show you everything that needs to get done. If you are concerned that you will be missing the show - don't - it's the same show performance they do and you'll be able to see it at future games or competitions.
I appreciate you and your families for all your effort and support. Please know that I understand how sometimes it feels like it's too much - just like you I work full time, have another busy daughter with games I try to attend, care for an aging parent, and everything else that goes along with "adulting". But we can't get it done without everyone's commitment - thank you! ~ Sandy
Our next meeting will be Tuesday October 9th at 6pm in the HS Cafeteria. Our annual band banquet will be held on Sunday April 28th at Faith Lutheran Church on MacArthur Rd. Mark your calendars!
Date is Sat 10/20. Please visit this link to find out how you can help. We really need ALL our parents to step up and help your kids out. Remember, you don't need to be an MZB parent to help. Anyone reliable over 16 yrs can help. Know someone who needs volunteer hours? I'll sign off for them! https://www.signupgeniu
Thank you to everyone who sent something in. WE NEED HELP SENIOR NIGHT! Many of the normal volunteers are senior parents and wont be able to help. Please if you have some time that night please sign up to help on October 19th!
is a link for the donations we need for the 10/19 game to offset the
costs so we can raise more money to pay the staff. Much of the overflow
items will be needed for the home show the very next day. ... https://www.signupgenius.
- If you would like to donate your time here is the volunteer link ... https://www.signupgenius.
We still have a few football games that need drivers. Wherever the band goes their instruments need to go too. We need to start training new parents so the students can continue to perform. Its a box truck so you do not need a CDL license. You pull a small trailer behind it with the gator strapped down. The students load and unload so you do NO LIFTING at all. Just drive. You get into all the events for free too. If you'd like to drive please sign up here ... https://www.signupgenius.
Thank you to those who have volunteered. Here's whose chaperoning this weekend ...
- Away game at Parkland: Deb Baer, Sandy Ball, Karen Coughlin, Cathy Haller, Lori Skibo. Report time is 4:30p in band room. Ernie Haller is truck driver and needs to be there by 4pm.
- Fall Festival Parade: Sandy Ball, Connie Bartos, Sue Cascioli, Kanchan Purchit, Michelle Riegel. report time is 9:15am at the At Home parking lot (old Kmart)/
- Competition at Conrad Weiser: Cindi Arroyo , Connie Bartos, Sue Cascioli, Karen Coughlin, Michelle Riegel. Report time is 2:30p. Truck driver is John Ball and report time for truck is 1:30p.
- Scrips Gift Card Fundraiser: I understand there has been some confusion and difficulty ordering gift cards online. Attached is an order form you can use instead. Please send the form and money in to Tara Issermoyer and she will place the order for you. If you havent tried the online service yet, go to www.shopwithscrip.com and enter code EC98LDL661L47.
- Therapeutic Massage: See attached flier for information or visit https://www.soulbodyheal
- Krispy Kreme: Pick up will be 10/4 from 4 - 5:30. Please use back door by bandroom where kids enter. Please do NOT park back there. Use regular lot and walk.
- Basket Bingo: Date is Friday March 1st. Stay tuned for confirmation and information.