Our next parent meeting is Tuesday September 11th at 6pm in the HS Cafeteria. Let your voice and thoughts be heard!
All uniforms are back from the seamstress and ready to go for Friday's game. Special thank you to Beverly at "Distinctively Sew" in Allentown for working in our time frame. And a thank you to the district for picking up the tab!
All apparel and jacket orders have been submitted. The estimated arrival time is the first full week of September. So we should have everything for our first competition to show our spirit!
- Preview Night is next Thursday August 23rd at the Football Stadium. This is free and open to the public so bring the kids and grandma along! Its an exciting time for the students as they get to show off what they've learned so far at band camp. Performance time is 8:00p so don't be late! Weather forecast is a nice evening so fingers crossed it stays that way.
- First football game August 24th at East Stroudsburg South. Chaperones are Sandy Ball, Cathy Haller, Stephanie Haller, Lori Skibo, and Renee Sturtevant. Truck driver is Ernie Haller. Truck report time is 3:30p, chaperone report time is 4:30p in band room.
- We are still in need of chaperones. The clearances are FREE and online and chaperoning them is the easiest gig you will ever do. If you're planning on going to the events anyway why not get in for free?!?! If you are still interested in helping please get in contact with Cathy Haller. We have 2 parents working 16 of the 19 events who would happily share the love. We do this for the kids, let's not let them down.
- Everytime the band leaves the school their instruments need to go with them. The district pays for us to rent a UHaul truck. The truck pulls a trailer behind it with our "Gator" on it. For the home games all you do is drive the "Gator" and pull the trailer on and off the field with the pit equipment. You get in all the events for free and the kids load and unload the equipment. You just drive. You do NOT need a CDL license. Its a box truck.
have a few parents who are able to help but we need a few more parents
who are able and willing to drive the truck. To sign up visit this link
- We operate the snack stand by the field house. Over the season all of the profits pay for the staff salaries (about $4,000 we are responsible for). Kristen Reidy is our Snackstand coordinator and will be creating a sign up genius for volunteers and food donations soon.
- The benefit of working in the snack stand is 1 - you get in the game free, 2 - its warm and dry when it gets cold, 3 - you do NOT need clearances to work there, 4 - we will show you everything you need to know!
- For donations we typically need hotdog/hamburger rolls, boxes of candy, cases of water, and soda cans - must be Coke products (district rule not ours). A signup genius is coming out soon so be on the look out.
you would like to volunteer to help out in the snack stand please visit
this link. It's important you sign up (as opposed to just showing up)
so we know how many we have. https://www.signupgenius.com/
- Our next fundraiser will be Lottery Calendar! These are always a big hit. The great thing about this particular fundraiser is that half of the profit goes into your students individual Student Account. This year we are selling 3 months for $20. That means for every single calendar you sell your child will get $10 put into his or her account (Spring trip payment??). September October November $30 gift card of your choice Halloween and Thanksgiving are $50. Tara will have them with her on preview night so hit her up for calendars!
- On the horizon are Krispy Kreme donuts, pies, and a pancake breakfast. We're also investigating a Bus Trip to Atlantic City. If you have any fundraising ideas please reach out to Tara Issermoyer.
As you travel to the competitions, you'll notice the band's booster club runs the entire event. Our home competition is Saturday October 20th. We will need a ALL HANDS ON DECK for this event. Our campus is very large and spread out so we need volunteers in a variety of positions. Please please please help us with this. More information will follow.
Thanks for all you do. Remember we do it all for the kids!